With weather warnings in place for Storm Imogen, Allianz has issued the following advice to help policyholders protect their property from storm damage.
- Listen to local radio or search the internet for the latest information and updates on the situation in your area.
- Prevention is always better than cure, so check in advance for problems such as loose roof tiles and have repairs made if you need to. After the storm passes check again for any damage.
- Put away garden furniture and any other items kept outside that might get blown around and cause damage.
- Secure gates and shed doors.
- Be ready to turn off essential supplies – gas, electricity and water – at the mains, so make sure you know how to do this.
- Prepare an ‘emergency pack’ to include a torch, first aid kit, warm clothes, blankets and water and make sure your mobile phone is fully charged.
- If your property has been affected, contact your insurer as soon as possible. Taking photographs of the damaged items is helpful and can help to settle claims quickly.
If you are an Allianz customer affected by Storm Imogen, we are here to help. If you need to speak to a Claims Handler urgently please call one of the following telephone numbers for help and advice:
- Commercial Property: 0344 412 9988
- Commercial Motor: 0344 412 0074
- Retail Broker Motor: 0345 600 0675
- Retail Broker Household: 0345 073 1114
- Direct Household: 0344 893 9608
- Direct Car: 0344 893 9606
If you do not require an urgent response, please contact us using one of the following: